Today, we have completed another afternoon of art! Our vases are coming along really nicely! The improvements that I have seen from the masks last year to the vases this year are phenomenal. Today, we have been adding on the bases and the necks to the vases using glue guns and papier-mâché and so far so good. Our next job, which will be on Wednesday if they have dried, will be to add the base colour to our vases. Keep posted for our next post on Wednesday.
In Year 4, we are learning how to use papier-mâché. We have decided to move away from the Greek masks and we are going to try to create Greek vases instead which link to our topic and also the learning we completed in term 1. All of our children put on their Art shirts and were ready to learn. The children had to work in partners and cover a balloon, which will be the body of our vases, and ensure that they were triple layered without any balloon showing. The best ones were very smooth and not overly wet. Some of us definitely used too much paste and this has made them very difficult to dry. On Thursday, we are going to triple layer them again to ensure that they will be very sturdy. Keep an eye out for what happens next.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.